Faculty and instructors, would you like to help evaluate Canvas, an alternative Learning Management System to Chalk? Would you like to experiment and learn the new technologies that could be available in the future?
If so, be a Canvas piloteer! Try out for yourself if the alternative platform offers new and different tools that enable different and interesting ways of teaching and learning.
What’s in it for you?
Faculty piloteers in the Fall quarter raves about Canvas:
- Canvas’ calendar features increase the options for course design, expanding the flexability of organization and presentation
- The technical support from Canvas is super helpful (24/7, immediate help, very patient and thorough)
- The clean interface is more user friendly
- Canvas is “very quick and very intuitive” to use after the initial investment of energy in learning the system.
- Switching systems necessitates reorganizing course materials and provides a very helpful opportunity to rethink and improve course organization and presentation.
Furthermore, ASTS is offering as much one-on-one assistance to piloteers as needed. We will help with building and organizing your course, and are available to talk about any questions you might have as you construct it.
Read about Ana Lima’s, Senior Lecturer Romance Languages and Literatures, experience with Canvas: https://academictech.uchicago.edu/blog/canvas-calendar
Get started now
Interested? We are still looking for Canvas piloteers, if you are interested in participating or have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Canvas Pilot.