ATS offers a number of workshops in digital pedagogy for faculty, instructors, and students. Below is a list of workshops for the 2015-2016 academic year. Follow the links below or see our calendar of events for workshop description and sign up.
Workshops will be added throughout the quarter.
- Creative Assignments: Blogs, Wiki, Google Docs (offered quarterly)
- Beyond Words: Collaborative Illustrations and Concept Maps with Google Apps (W 2016)
- Building Ideas & Writing Skills from 140 Characters to Research Papers: Scaffolded Writing Assignments (W 2016)
- Mapping Knowledge: Using Google Maps to Help Students Understand Community, People, Places, Events, Social Practices, and Issues (Sp 2016)
- Promoting Discussion in Your Classroom and Online (offered quarterly)
Assessment & Feedback
- Providing Effective Guidance and Feedback with Rubrics
- Let It Be Heard: Helping Students Understand Feedback Using Audio and Video Tools in LMS (Su 2016)
Issues in Digital Pedagogy
Ruining Google and Wikipedia: Teaching strategies that help students progress from knowledge consumers to knowledge produsers (A collaboration between CCT, Library, and IT Services, Sp 2016)
- Session 1: Building Student Information Literacy Skills Through Assignments
- Session 2: Academic Integrity in the College Classroom
- Session 3: Creating Critical Readers
Canvas Training for Students
This is a self-paced online course available to students taking a course in Canvas. To enroll, click the enrollment link in the course announcement after you log-in to Canvas.
- Chalk Overview
- Creating Class Blogs
- Creating Class Wikis
- Formatting Your Dissertation in Word (W 2016)
- R Statistics