With more than 20% of Spring 2017 courses in Canvas, great strides have been made in the transition from Chalk to Canvas as the learning management system (LMS) for campus. With the start of summer quarter, the goal is for all classes to be facilitated in the Canvas LMS. Not teaching this summer? Get a head start for September and request your Autumn 2017 Canvas course sites now.
- Request your Summer 2017 courses now (CNetID login required). Step-by-step documentation for how to use the Summer Canvas course request form is available at answers.uchicago.edu/73276.
- Request your Autumn 2017 courses now
- Online resources for learning Canvas including online documentation, video guides, and self-paced course, are available at http://courses.uchicago.edu/resources.
- We’ll have extended walk-in assistance at the TechB@r in the Regenstein Library (first floor) around the beginning of summer quarter. During the weeks of 6/12 & 6/19 we'll have open walk-in hours 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. daily.
- Attend one of our workshops to learn Canvas basics, migrate your content from Chalk, or learn more about the advanced features of Canvas. The workshop schedule can be found at http://courses.uchicago.edu/workshop-schedule.
- If you need assistance using Canvas you can use Live Chat or call to Canvas Support at 844-334-6803; both are available 24 hours a day. For UChicago-specific questions (e.g. course creation, enrollment issues) or to set up individual appointments, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may request a test course if you are not teaching this summer or autumn but want to start exploring this new platform. Email us at email@example.com to request a test course.
Other Useful Resources