Multimedia can help communicate concepts and ideas for scholarship and teaching. We can assist with content development for teaching, scholarship, and research through creating or enhancing imagery, animation, 3D renderings, video production, and more.
Digital Media Consultation & Development
Academic Technology Solutions (ATS) can provide guidance on a full scope of multimedia tools to fully engage your audience. Whether it’s for teaching, scholarship, research, or professional practice, ATS is equipped to meet your digital media needs. The team has state-of-the-art technology tools and solutions to help with higher-end production requests and to help transform your next media project into work that will make an impact.
Digital media consultation and development services offers the following:
- Custom graphics (including illustration)
- 3D modeling
- Converting audio and video to digital files
- Image scanning and enhancement
- Podcasting self-service station
- Video streaming
Video Production Services
ATS can support the recording of special guest lectures, events, or presentations for student groups or departments. We can also assist with the planning, recording, and editing of lecture material for flipped, blended, or online courses. Additionally, free training on basic camera functionality is provided to teaching assistants (TA) or other faculty-approved assistants to record their own events. However, AV technicians may be available to record an event taking place outside of a scheduled class session for a fee. Additionally, ATS has launched a OneButton Studio for simple do-it-yourself video production for faculty and students.
IT Services offers video production services to faculty including:
- Consultation and production support for lecture capture, including lectures used for flipped-classroom content delivery
- Video equipment lending and tutorials for use
- Consultation and production of videos for campus departments (fee for service)
- OneButton Studio for do-it-yourself video production and student assignments (launched in Autumn 2018; contact us for more information)
For more information on video software tools for asynchronous content creation, please see our Video Software Tools page.
Ready to partner with us?
Panopto is here! Following a successful pilot, the University has contracted with Panopto as its new video management platform. Panopto is a tool for recording, organizing, embedding, and live streaming video. It seamlessly integrates with Canvas for video/audio...