- Heidi Coleman, Theater and Performance Studies
- Allyson Nadia Field, Cinema and Media Studies
- Patrick Jagoda, English Language and Literature, Cinema and Media Studies, and the Center for the Study of Gender and Sexuality
- James Osborne, Near Eastern Languages and Civilizations
- Jennifer Spruill, Social Sciences Collegiate Division
The participants addressed several points of great importance for remote teaching, including synchronous versus asynchronous modes of instruction; maintaining student engagement in a remote environment; designing effective remote assignments; and cultivating a sense of academic community. They praised Academic Technology Solutions personnel for providing valuable assistance to faculty during the transition, both in general course design and in using specific technologies such as Panopto.
To see the full roundtable, please play the video below.