What is LinkedIn Learning at UChicago?
LinkedIn Learning at UChicago is a free service for the entire UChicago community. LinkedIn Learning is a leading online learning company that helps anyone learn business, software, technology, and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. This service is provided by IT Services.
Instructors, students, and staff members can capitalize on opportunities provided by free, high-quality courses on LinkedIn Learning to equip themselves with the skills, agility, and foresight to survive and thrive in the post-pandemic world. See the Promote your professional growth with LinkedIn Learning blog post or watch the LinkedIn Learning at UChicago video tutorial to learn how to access LinkedIn Learning at UChicago and its main features and benefits.
In the past three months, 1,500 UChicago community members have logged in and viewed a total of 1,812 hours of course content. The courses that are most popular with UChicago community members are tech- and business-related: e.g. Microsoft Office 365 Essential Training, Learning R/Python, and Project Management Foundations. However, many fun and enriching courses in this online learning platform have not yet been explored and taken advantage of. That is why we have compiled a list of popular courses that may potentially interest you!
See What’s Trendy: Top Courses
- How to set goals when everything feels like a priority (15m 20s) offers tips on how to take back control and feel more in charge when you have a hectic schedule.
- How to Rock your LinkedIn profile (1h 16m) gives you an insider perspective on how to make your online professional profile stand out.
- Use your strengths for impact and influence at work (31m 46s) teaches you how to identify and communicate your unique strengths and leverage them to make real impacts.
Feel a Sense of Accomplishment: 30 Minutes or Less
- The miracle morning (19m 59s) helps you reflect upon and redesign your morning routine to make you feel energized and ready to embrace the challenges in life.
- Check out How to network when you don’t like networking (17m 33s) to learn how introverts and extroverts socialize and build meaningful networks.
- With Thrive at work from anywhere (47m 6s), discover how to capitalize on the benefits of remote work options, stay motivated, and realize your full potential.
- Learn how to Avoid burnout (24m 5s) by identifying its common causes and ways to reduce stress (24m 5s).
Always Be on Top of Things: New Releases
- Whether you already own a YouTube channel or are thinking about starting one, get useful tips from Learning YouTube SEO (Search Engine Optimization) (29m 46s) on how to rank better in searches and improve viewer engagement.
- Have a great idea to promote but don’t know how to code? Turn your concept into a reality by Creating websites and apps with no-code solutions (2h 18m).
- Learn how to build a healthy work environment become an ally of your colleagues by taking the Bystander training: From bystander to upstander (48m 43s).
- If you are an amateur photographer and want to add a new perspective to your photography, check out Learning aerial photography with drones (4h 17m) and learn about the techniques and regulations for drone flying!
Personal Growth and Self-care
LinkedIn Learning also offers courses on promoting work productivity, improving financial literacy, and self-care. You can learn how to:
- Create a to-do list (50m 13s) that actually works.
- Manage your personal finances (1h 4m) by having an overview of the basics of personal finance.
- Make better decisions (57m 49s) by gaining more insights into the decision-making process and learning about the most recent research on this topic.
- Optimize your sleep and perform better in life and at work by realizing why Sleep is your superpower (34m 5s).
Set Your Weekly Learning Goal Today!
Use LinkedIn Learning to set your weekly learning goals and challenge yourself to complete a learning goal each week! Feel a sense of accomplishment and be an inspiration to people around you!
Additional Resources and Support
For additional resources, see:
- LinkedIn Learning at UChicago Introductory Video
- LinkedIn Learning at UChicago FAQ
- LinkedIn Learning Blog
Image Credit: Rachel Parnes, Senior Marketing Manager at LinkedIn