Create your 2021 Autumn Quarter Canvas Course
Autumn Quarter 2021 is fast approaching, and now is the time to create your Autumn Canvas courses. To do so, simply visit the Canvas course creation site and log in with your CNetID and password.*
*Please note that faculty in the Booth School of Business and the Law School are supported by their local support staff. Please check with them for course creation and support. Booth instructors may email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance; Law instructors may email email@example.com for assistance.
Autumn 2021 Workshops
You may also want to take advantage of our workshop offerings as you prepare for the quarter. Visit the Current Offerings page on the Teaching Remotely website for a complete list of current synchronous workshops, or visit the Past Offerings page to view recordings of previously offered workshops.
Of special interest: the Chicago Center for Teaching is offering a Zoom workshop on Reengaging the In-Person Classroom. Come to hear about issues related to the return to in-person teaching, such as teaching with masks and creating a supportive learning environment. The workshop is offered Tuesday, Sept. 14, at 3:30 P.M. Register for Reengaging the In-Person Classroom
We will also be offering a Zoom workshop entitled In-Person and Remote: An Introduction to Blended Synchronous Learning. Come to hear tips about managing a classroom with both in-person and remote students. This workshop will be held Tuesday, Sept. 21, at 2:30 P.M. Register for In-Person and Remote: An Introduction to Blended Synchronous Learning
Video Conferencing in Classrooms
Video conferencing equipment is available in over 100 central classrooms, if needed for remote attendees or guest speakers. Our resources include:
- Training videos
- Written documentation, available in each classroom
- In-person training for video conferencing kits, offered Sept. 14-23
- AV tutorials in your classroom: email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a tutorial
Course Redesign: Instructional Designer Support
Finally, you are welcome to reach out to us for course redesign assistance. We have expanded our instructional design support services to help instructors redesign their courses for flexible delivery. Use the Contact Us form to request a redesign consultation.
- Virtual Office Hours – Let us save you time by helping you figure out a solution or better understand a feature in a few minutes during a Virtual Office Hours visit. No appointment is needed.
- If you need assistance using Canvas, you can use Live Chat or call Canvas Support at 833.564.8137; available 24 hours a day. For UChicago-specific questions (e.g. course creation, content migration, splitting/combining course sections, all-sections course requests, access/enrollment issues) or to set up individual appointments, email email@example.com.
- If you need assistance using Panopto, call the Panopto helpline at 855.765.2341 or email firstname.lastname@example.org; available 24 hours a day. Use your @uchicago.edu credentials for the quickest service.
Other Useful Resources
- Academic Technology Solutions
What other technologies do you want to leverage for your teaching? Explore teaching tools, AV support and options, and instructional design services on our website, or contact us with a specific request.
- UChicago Courses
You can find documentation, links to Canvas guides, relevant blog posts, a list of integrated teaching tools, virtual office hours and workshop schedules, and more on our Canvas information website.
(Photo by Joseph Kallo)